Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Harmonica

Recently I have took up a new thing to do...HARMONICA. Haha. I actually bought a harmonica few years just for fun. All these while I never know how to play it. Just simply blow anything that I think sounds right.


Then the opportunity for me to really learn how to play a harmonica come. Without any hesitation I attended for the harmonica class.



At first I always thought harmonica is easy to learn but not until I went for the lesson. Man, it was not as easy as I thought. Haha. Blow, draw, blow, draw. Just like breathing except that have to exhale and inhale a bit more harder for the sound of the harmonica to be heard.

I even went to buy new harmonica after a few lessons. Hehe. I just know by then that there's a lot of type harmonica available. There's the 24 holes harmonica, short harmonica (not sure how many holes), C-chord harmonica, octave and many more. There even harmonicas for BASS. Interesting. Not as simple as it seems.


Now, I ended up having three harmonicas. Hehe. Sometimes I would simply pick one and just play according to what I know. For lessons I will still use the old one. I find it to be heavier and solid compare to the new ones that I bought. The old one is made of wood, which is no longer for sale, whereas the new ones are made of plastic. Well, for beginner it is recommended that you start with a wooden harmonica. So, I just stick to my old harmonica for my lessons and practice using the old and the two new ones.


Difficult as it may seem, as the lesson goes on, I'm getting there but not that good yet. Still need lots of lessons and practices. So far I have learned 9 songs. Simple songs as in Oh Sussanna, Mary Had A Little Lamb, Do Re Mi etc. I have also just learn Back To Gilwell. I also managed to figure out how to play the national anthem, Negaraku, on my own. Once you get the hang of it, you will be able to find the key for the songs that you want. Of cause this comes from several trials to find the correct key.

There are many lessons to come. Hopefully I will be able to really master the Art of Harmonica soon. Hehe. What I'm learning now is just the basic. Blowing a sound at a time. In a more advanced level, you can blow two sounds at a time. Not sure when I will be able to get to that level. Haha.



No comments: