Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rainforest World Music Festival 2008

Last Saturday (12/07/2008), me and my friends went to the second day of RWMF 2008. Most of us all were first timer to the event. The ticket had gone up to RM90 which is more expensive than the previous years. We went there at about 4.00pm because we didn't have our tickets yet at the time. Fearing the tickets might be sold out earlier, we decided to go there earlier.

We had to park our cars at Santubong Resort and take shuttle bus to Sarawak Cultural Village. While parking my car, I saw Kenny Sia with 4 hot chicks. Damn, what a lucky guy!

The shuttle service was not free. We have to pay RM5 per person for a trip to Sarawak Cultural Village and another RM5 for a trip back to Santubong Resort. So actually the total price for the event should be RM100 per person.

At the entrance to Sarawak Cultural Village

While waiting for the event to start, we had a tour around Sarawak Cultural Village. It's been a while since I last went to the place. I think it should be about 10 years ago.

At the Long House

Foreign visitors relaxing at the long house

View from the lakeside

Hanging around by the lakeside

The show started at about 7.30pm with performance from local cultural performers followed by various international performers. I think the best performance of the night would be Beltaine from Poland. The music they played were very nice.

Beltaine from Poland

And also this guy from Japan. Hiroshi Motofuji. The way he played the drum was amazing.

Hiroshi Motofuji from Japan

There were really lots of people that night. It was said that the event that night had a record of 9,063 people which exceeded it's capacity of 8,000 people.

The audience #1

The audience #2

The audience #3

The audience #4

Due to the heavy rain on Friday night, the organiser tried to cover the wet ground with sand to improve the ground. I think none of them were from the construction line because they did not compact the sand after they have laid it on the ground. In the end, the whole ground was covered with mud. Mud that really smells. But it didn't bother me much. Instead, it reminded me of camping. I sure miss camping a lot. Haven't been camping for quite a while.

Muddy ground

My slippers covered with mud

Feet and slippers all in the mud

Alex & Aki's shoes with mud. (Kesian~!)

It was great music and great fun throughout the night. Despite the muddy ground condition, we all had a lot of fun that night.

Yen Ru, Suzie, Wan Lin, Jui & me

Wan Lin, Yen Ru, Alex, Suzie, Jui, me & Aki

Alex & Aki...oh no~!

Let's have some beer

Jui & Suzie

Boon, Aki & Alex

Boon, Jui & Me

Wan Lin, Suzie, Jui and Hiong

After the show

Time flies when we are having fun. It's time to go home~!

I would definitely be going to next year's edition of Rainforest World Music Festival. Anyone want to go next year? Mark your calendar now. See you all there in 2009~! Oh yeah~! :)

No comments: